ValidSign™ Privacy Notice
Last revised: January, 30th 2018
Scope and Consent
ValidSign is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice“) describes ValidSign’s practices with respect to the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your information. It applies to the my.validsign.nl website (the “Site“), and to any related application, service, or tool (collectively the “Service“) regardless of how you access or use it, including through mobile devices. By using our Service and/or registering an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your information as described in this Privacy Notice.
ValidSign may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the updated Privacy Notice on the Site. You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes.
Collection of Personal Information
In order to benefit from the Service, ValidSign may require or you (and your devices, including mobile devices) may provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information“) that can be used to:
• contact or identify you;
• register an account with us;
• provide information on a web form;
• update or add information to your account;
• complete a e-Sign Transaction you are a party to;
• correspond with you regarding the Service.
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, title, company name, email address and phone number. We endeavour to limit our requests for Personal Information to information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our stated collection purposes and, as applicable, we take reasonable steps to ensure data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
Collection of Other Information
We also collect other technical information (“Technical Information“) that is sent by your browser whenever you visit our Site and use our Service. This may include information such as:
• your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP“) address;
• browser type and version;
• device information;
• log information;
• location information;
• the time and date of your visit;
• the pages that you visit on our Site;
• the time spent on web pages and other similar statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our Service makes use of use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Service.
Note that the “Do Not Track” privacy preference (that users can set in their browsers to prevent tracking of their use of a website) is not supported on the Site or Service.
Access and Correction to Personal Information
Use and Retention of Information
ValidSign uses the Personal Information and Technical Information collected through the Service primarily for the following purposes:
• To enable the completion and electronic signature of documents that are submitted for that purpose;
• To provide evidence of the e-Sign Transaction;
• To send you notifications about documents requiring your signature, or about e-Sign Transactions that are complete;
• To send you notifications about the Service’s availability or planned maintenance;
• To send you notifications about Service enhancements, new or upcoming features or promotions;
• To contact you in response to forms such as “Contact Us“;
• For aggregation and business intelligence purposes, including for ValidSign to develop new features or functionality that will benefit users of the Service, while maintaining the confidentiality of the Personal Information.
With the exception of information you personally provide to Senders through the e-Sign Transaction, ValidSign will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third party without your permission, except if disclosure is required by law, if said information is already publicly available, or in the event of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
ValidSign provides you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive emails from us or updates regarding Service enhancements, new or upcoming features or promotions. The opt-out choice may be exercised upon receipt of an email from ValidSign or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Opt-out“. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe request is processed.
Information Provided to Third Parties
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. ValidSign applies appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Safeguards include the use of encryption for data at rest and in transit and the application of strict system security and processes. Access to Personal Information is strictly limited to our employees who have a need to access in the course of their assigned duties. The System is the object of continuous monitoring for any new vulnerability or possible malicious attack, and its security and related processes are tested and reviewed regularly. However, we do not warrant or represent that your Personal Information is completely safe from hackers and other security threats. If you have any questions about the security on this site, you can send an email to email@example.com.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. ValidSign does not target services at children under the age of 13, nor does it knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
In this Privacy Notice:
• “ValidSign“, “we“, “our” and “us” refers to ValidSign or Delivery Excellence; “you” and “your” refers to the users of the Service.
• “e-Sign Transaction” means the electronic processing of one or more
documents through the Service, where such document can be viewed, e-signed, sent or received.
• “Sender” means any customer of ValidSign who uses the Service to initiate e-Sign Transactions.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at 085 – 303 36 76, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via postal mail at ValidSign, Bergstraat 45, 7411 ES Deventer, Overijssel, the Netherlands.